– 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
– 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
– 2 oranges, zested, cut into segments (how to “zest” an orange)
– 10 cups kale, stemmed and chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, chopped
– 4 beets, steamed and sliced
– 1/4 cup chopped pistachios, walnuts, or sesame seeds (optional)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add oil, ginger, garlic, and orange zest.
3. Cook, stirring often, until the mixture becomes fragrant and the orange zest begins to brown, about 1 minute.
4. Add the kale, press it down, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally and continuing to press down until the kale wilts.
5. Transfer to a large platter and top with the beets, orange segments, and pistachios.
6. Serve immediately. Serves 4.