Now that summer is upon us and my body is being renewed by the soft shine of the summer sun, I feel myself craving life – I’m craving the sense of being fully, unabashedly present and tuned into each and every beautiful detail of being alive.
I want the sweet sound of live music to rock me to my core in the summers night breeze, I want to feel my feet dig into the warm earth as I run barefoot in the park, I want to jump into the icy cold lake and feel the water rejuvenate and cleanse as it washes over me, I want to feel wild and carefree as I lay in the arms of my lover, and I want to feel vibrant & radiant as I nourish my body with sweet summer fruits that burst with flavor.
Summer is a time to be tuned in, turned up, radiant and open
– to all that life is and all that I am creating.
Through this process of being open, receptive and present, I know that I must create a platform for my body and mind to operate at its highest level.
Here are the 5 ways I show myself some TLC during the summer:
1. Be open to adventures: Whatever adventure calls to you, use this summer to make it happen and enjoy your life. Increasing new experiences and excitement in your life can decrease your dependence on artificial stimulants like caffeine and sugar, leading to more vibrant health. Watch out for massive improvements in physical well-being, mental acuity and motivation, plus a full portfolio of fun and new experiences.
2. Include raw & cooling foods in your diet: Why is it that in the summer we naturally crave more fresh and raw foods? These foods have a cooling effect on the body. The lightness and high water, fiber and vitamin content work together to act as our internal air conditioning during these warm months. At this time of year we also need less dense, high-energy food because we get so much energy from being outside in the fresh air and sunshine.
There is no better season than summer to have fun creating your own fresh, tasty, creative salad combinations. By simply tossing together several of your favorite raw veggies, naked or with a light dressing, you have a perfect meal for a hot summer’s day.
3. Protect your skin: Replace your chemically-based sunscreen with coconut oil – yes, you read that right!!
If you’re not ready to take the leap to coconut oil, learn more here about how to choose a safe sunscreen to protect that precious temple.
4. Move your body: Go for a run, hike, bike ride, walk – anything that moves your energy. The summer is a perfect time to start implementing a new exercise routine – not to mention, it will help you look awesome in that new bathing suit! Win-win!
5. Stay Hydrated: Our bodies are nearly 70% water and need to remain hydrated to operate at peak levels! Remember to drink before you are thirsty, eat your water by including lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diets, and always have a full bottle with you when you are on the move.
If you want to spice it up a bit, add some fresh or frozen fruit for a little spark! I love to add frozen strawberries to a large glass of water and then eat them at the end when they are full and juicy.
For those ready to truly kick-off summer with a bang, I am SO happy to share that my 12 Days to Sexy Detox Plan is now available on my website.
Learn more HERE.
Cheers to a beautiful, safe & happy summer!
Peace, Love & Sunshine,